Sunday, March 4, 2007

It begins...

Here we go!

I've created this blog in the interest of promoting better communication within our section. If it works, fantastic; if not, I won't lose too much sleep. Basically, I think this has the potential to be a better forum for coordinating shift changes, posting bad sentences/common errors, and generally keeping people informed.

Things I plan on posting regularly:
1) open comment threads wherein you can vent (anonymously, if necessary)
2) links to stories that are particularly well-edited
3) kudos to copy staffers and ACEs who go above and beyond
4) updates about social events, both within our section and Spec as a whole
5) reminders about Spec style (and possible changes to it)
6) anything else that pops into my head

I encourage you all to check it regularly, and to add your own entries as well. After all, this was created with you in mind.

The log-in name is speccopy@gmail.com, and the password (as always) is "stylebook" (no quotes around it when you type it in, though).

Please let me know what you think of this. Is it A) stupid, B) unnecessary, C) potentially quite useful, or D) the greatest idea since the invention of the wheel?

I will be checking this regularly, so feel free to add your thoughts.

PS- Hopefully this won't fail like all the other Spec blogs!

No comments: