Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Post-break Updates

Perhaps you are feeling a little low this week—I mean, spring break is over, some of us still have midterms (thanks, Professor Gitlin), the housing lottery looms on the horizon, and production on the paper is back in full swing. Fortunately, I have some news to cheer you up! You should be absolutely thrilled that:

1) We're having our first-ever party on Saturday night at 10 p.m. It will take place in Darya's apartment, and I can promise that a good time will be had by all. I think I invited everyone via Facebook, but let me know if you have any questions. And be sure to stop by on Saturday!

2) I can officially announce that Preeti Bhattacharji will be the new Weekend ACE! She is a delight, and we're very lucky to have her on board. Be sure to congratulate her if you see her before the party on Saturday (which you'll all be attending, right?)!

3) Spectator held a town hall for the student community tonight, and it was very informative and helpful. I'll share more about what it means for our section at our meetings on Sunday.

What news! Typing it up puts a smile on my face! I'll share more as it comes my way.

In the meantime, I wonder if there's anything else that I should remind you of. Oh, right:
COME TO THE PARTY ON SATURDAY.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you posted again because:
a) it gave me something to look at instead of studying/writing (thank you Daniel (of 'be mine, Valentine' fame)/Alland!)
b) I felt kind of silly (but really, pathetic) posting a comment in response to my own quote.
But I wanted to post, nonetheless, so thank you for updating.
I'm still trying to think about what to wear to the glorious party on Saturday.
I think it may involve plastic.
Or feathers.
We'll see.
All my love,
Darya Deker

Anonymous said...

We're on Overheard in New York!!!

Columbia newspaper reporter: Dude, you can't just kill one person and be a serial killer. You have to work up to being a serial killer.

--Columbia Spectator Office

Overheard by: And you know from experience?